The Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS 2014) is held in conjunction with the European Conference on Data Analysis at the Jacobs University Bremen July 2 to 3, 2014
The Workshop on Library and Information Science (LIS 2014) solicits contributions on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these area include but are not limited to:
- Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems- Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
- Open Access to classification systems: How can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
- Linked (subject) data (E.g. Faceted classification and Linked Data architectures: a happy alignment?)
- Classification, Subject indexing and the Semantic Web (E.g. Taxonomies and Semantic Web Ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
- Automatic and manual methods in Classification and Subject indexing (E.g. Mappings, concordances, heuristics)
- Classification of research data
- Subject retrieval in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
The workshop language is English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit an abstract via the conference website. All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process. Accepted abstracts will be distributed to the conference participants. The post-conference proceedings will be published in the Springer Series ‘Studies in Classification, Data Analysis, and Knowledge Organization’.
Submission of Abstracts: 15. April 2014
Notification of Acceptance: 30. April 2014
Early bird registration ends: 25. May 2014
Conference: 02. July 2014 – 04. July 2014
Submission of Full Papers: 30. September 2014
Notification of Acceptance of full papers: 15. November 2014
Detailed information about the submission and refereeing procedures, formatting instructions, transport as well as hotel arrangements will be available on the conference website http://ecda2014.eu/